Iowa ENT Center is dedicated to comprehensive, leading-edge care for patients with tumors of the head and neck. Our physicians use the latest research and treatments to diagnose and treat both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
While many tumors are not cancerous, it’s still very important to contact Iowa ENT Center if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Lump in the neck. A lump, even one that’s painless, that lasts for more than two weeks should be seen by your Iowa ENT Center physician, as this can be the first sign of many types of cancers.
- Voice change. If your voice is hoarse or you notice any other voice change for more than two weeks, get it checked.
- A growth in the mouth. Have a sore or swelling in your mouth that doesn’t go away? Even if it’s painless, it should be evaluated after one week.
- Skin changes. Watch for any mark that grows, changes shape or changes color. A black or blue-block spot on the face or neck should be seen as soon as possible.
- Ear pain when swallowing. Persistent pain in or around the ear when you swallow could be a sign of infection or something more serious.
You're not alone
The idea of cancer can be scary for anyone. We're here to help. Our experts will listen to your concerns, conduct a thorough exam (including testing when needed), provide a clear diagnosis and recommend any needed care using the latest treatments and technologies.
To request an appointment, call us at 515-223-4368, or fill out the form below.