If you or a loved one suffers from chronic nasal congestion, these symptoms probably sound familiar:
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Limited sense of smell
- Frequent sinus infections and other complications
These symptoms are often caused by swollen turbinates. Turbinates are the bony tissue in the nose that humidify and warm the air we breathe. In some people, the turbinates become enlarged – blocking the flow of air through the nose.
Fortunately, there’s a simple, in-office procedure that may offer relief. Celon (pronounced SEE-lawn) permanently shrinks the turbinates, allowing for normal air flow through the nose.
Iowa ENT Center physicians are among the most experienced in the country with this technology.
Advantages of the Celon procedure include:
- Minimally invasive. This office-based procedure requires no surgery. Patients can go back to their normal routine immediately following the procedure.
- It’s a permanent improvement. After 3 – 4 weeks, patients see a dramatic improvement in their ability to breathe through their nose.
- It’s fast. As one of our physicians explains, “In the time it takes you to drive to the drugstore and get antihistamines, we can fix the problem.”
- It's typically covered by insurance. You should still confirm coverage with your insurance, though.
To see if you’re a candidate for Celon, request an appointment below or call 888-992-1772.